Of all the steps of complete hair treatment, the conditioning of hair is undoubtedly is the one that requires more attention. Anyhow, we like to know for whom conditioner is the most important one? There are women who have oily hair and they say that they do not even use the product. There are those women who have curls and do not even touch hair conditioner. But how do you know the real importance and how to use hair conditioner? That’s what we’re going to learn today!
WHAT IS A CONDITIONER?
Hair Conditioner is basically a product used after using the shampoo to balance the pH of the hair and bring back the sealing of the scales that open with the wash. It can also be used to treat and retain hair water, returning the necessary nutrients, replenishing proteins and several other substances that are lost from the hair every day. The conditioner forms a kind of protective layer on the hair fiber, helping to maintain the health of the hair. It also gives shine, reduces frizz, increases flexibility, elasticity and make it easier to comb and untangle the hair. With so many functions, we can say that it is essential for the daily care of our hair.
CONDITIONER AND HAIR MASK. ARE THESE TWO THE SAME THING?
Definitely not! As we explained, the main function of the conditioner is to leave the hair in perfect condition after washing or treatment. It may or may not have the power to treat the hair, but even if it has several benefits, it is not responsible for the deep treatment. Masks, in turn, are responsible for the deep replenishment of essential nutrients and proteins.
Depending on your hair type and also the mask you have, you can replace the conditioner with it. But be careful: make sure the mask is not so concentrated and has a conditioning effect. So you do not run the risk of getting your cuticles open. Some masks are only for treatment and ask for conditioning after rinsing, just to close the pores.
HOW TO CORRECTLY USE MY CONDITIONER?
The use of the conditioner is very basic and simple. But to understand it, let’s take a look at the step-by-step process.
- Thoroughly wet the hair before using the shampoo. Apply the product in your hands and carry it to the scalp (always on the scalp), massaging it without using the nails;
- Pass the shampoo a second time and remove the product completely with running water;
- With a towel, remove excess water. Then apply the conditioner through the length of the hair, without touching the roots;
- Massage the hair thoroughly and allow the conditioner to rest for the time indicated on the product packaging;
- Rinse the hair until all the conditioner has been removed. If the product gets on the hair they may become opaque, heavy and dry, depending on the formula.
HOW DO I CHOOSE THE IDEAL CONDITIONER FOR ME?
The most important tip here is: you must know and identify the characteristics of your hair beyond, of course, the exact conditions in which they are. Do you have natural hair? Chemically treated? Smooth or colored? Do you have oily hair? Anyway, you should really know your type of hair. There is an ideal conditioner for each case.
Read More: Best Flat Irons To Buy in 2019 For Your Hair
TYPES OF HAIR
- Fine and smooth hair: give preference to products that specifically mention on the label “for fine hair and without volume”. This type of product, besides providing hydration in the right measure (without leaving the heavy and oily hair), also contains assets that give a lot more volume to the hair.
- Dry or chemically treated hair: anyone who does not dispense with the use of direct or indirect heat sources or who has visibly damaged hair should bet on products with an extra dose of nutrients and that have a thicker consistency. The tip is to look at the product label for “dry or damaged hair”;
- Damaged hair: Anyone who dyes her hair or uses a lot of hair straighteners should choose conditioners with the labeling: “for damaged, extremely dry and/or chemically treated hair”. The rule also applies to those who have super curly or cushioned hair prone to extreme dryness. The daily use of this product helps to restore health to the hair, bringing the hair back to life. Generally, its formula also includes several emollient and nutritive agents, such as basic oils, vitamins, and proteins;
- Normal Hair: If your hair looks healthy, and they balanced pH and without excessive frizz, it may be normal hair. If you do not do any chemical procedure and rarely use any heat source (dryer, flat iron, and Babyliss), your hair fiber is probably naturally full of brightness. In these cases, it is recommended to give preference to “normal hair” conditioners, which contains the essential ingredients to maintain the health of the hair.
DOES MY OIL HAIR NEED TO BE CONDITIONED?
Yes for sure! Someone who thinks that the conditioner is needed only for those who have the driest, curly, etc. hair is deceived. All hair, even oily ones, must use the product after the shampoo.
The conditioner, as we have said, closes the pores of hair that are opened by the shampoo. By doing this, it prevents the hair from losing nutrients. So, opt for light conditioners, for your hair type. Usually, the products with astringent and refreshing action are the most useful ones. Always remember to avoid applying directly to the root of your hair at the time of application.
The conditioner is a useful product for maintaining the softness and shine of the hair. The product makes the hair easier to comb, avoiding the breaking of the hair by the force of brushes and combs. Consequently, it also avoids static electricity, which causes frizz and creepy hair.